Voucher System


Did you know… just registering your child for Free School Meals means that the school gets extra money?

Register now to make sure we don’t miss out!

The Government is giving money to schools to help children from lower income families do their very best.  The funding is called ‘Pupil Premium’.

For every child registered, our school gets £935 this year.

With this money we provide:

  • One to one tuition
  • Homework support
  • ICT support
  • Sports activities pppolicy
  • Reduced class sizes
  • After school programmes
  • Additional Teaching Assistants
  • Support for school uniform

If you are registered for Free School Meals you would also be part of our £100 voucher scheme which could be spent on:

  • Educational visits
  • Music Tuition
  • Materials and equipment
  • Uniform
  • Leavers Ball
  • School photographsschoolmeals

Do you qualify for free school meals? You can register your child for Free School Meals if you get any of these benefits:

  • Universal credit
  • Income support
  • Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
  • Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
  • Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
  • The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
  • Child Tax Credit, provided they are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income (as assessed by HM Revenue & Customs)  that does not exceed £16,190
  • Working Tax Credit ‘run-on’ – the payment someone may receive for a further four weeks after they stop qualifying for working Tax Credit

Students can also register for Free School Meals if they get any of these benefits themselves.  

Sir Thomas Boteler Church of England High School Voucher Scheme – frequently asked questions

How much will I receive in vouchers? •£100 is allocated at the beginning of each school year (September). How long is the voucher valid? • The voucher is valid for one school year and can be used any time up to the end of July. If I want to use the voucher for uniform how do I do it? • You can do this in two ways: 1: If you provide the Head of Year with details of the item and size, the school can place an order with a local supplier and you will be notified when you can collect the goods. Or 2: You can buy the items and send the original receipt into school and we will send you a cheque (other arrangements can be made if you do not have a bank account).  If I am not sure what I can use the voucher for who do I contact? • You can contact your child’s Head of Year, Assistant Head of Year who will be happy to help. How will I know how much is left? • You can contact your child Head of Year who will be able to tell you.




Sir Thomas Boteler Church of England High School by STB